Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ramblings....

Disclaimer: The below opinions and/or statements are said only in jest. I do not mean to intentionally degrade, berate, or disrespect anyone. It takes all kinds to make this crazy world go round and I am all for free self-expression, but sometimes, it would just feel unnatural not to make some comments....Please proceed with caution.

What an amazing weekend this has been! Last night I got to spend time with some of the greatest family and friends that a girl could ask for. Today, I went to the State Fair with Papa Bear, Mama Whitesel, Aunt Kendene, and Jenny. Both of these situations could have been potentially dangerous considering there were lots of foods around that could have spelled disaster for me and my new healthy habits. However, I am pretty proud to report that I made good choices in both settings. Social situations can occur without focusing on food. I think that was where I always went wrong. Food is not what I should look forward to, it's all about enjoying the time spent with those that I love. It's also about enjoying the scenery, whatever it may be...................................................................

I have always loved the fair (or any type of carnival, for that matter). I guess there is a part of me that still believes that I am going to fall madly in love with a nice "carnie", get him some new teeth, have a  shot-gun wedding, and drive off into the sunset in his 1976 Winnebago..........A girl can dream can't she. Fairs also are a prime opportunity for people watching. Nothing like a good old fashioned carnival to really bring people, "outta the wood work".

Here is a list of  my four favorite things from this years trip to the fair:

Neck Tattoos

If I would have saw one more neck tattoo, I probably would have went apeshit. Nothing screams, "I've gone as far as I possibly can in life" like a neck tattoo. I am not against tattoos, by any means, but........ really? If you really think about it, people think different things about those who sport that kind of inking. I don't know about you, but I'm not entirely sure I would want my brain surgeon to have a marijuana leaf tattoo'd on his/her neck nor would I want my accountant to have "Wasted" permanently stamped below his/her ear. Not acceptable. Placement, people, placement. It's all about location.

Questionable Hair Colorings and/or Costumes:

I also want to pose this questions, how old must one be before solid pink and purple hair is not acceptable? I have to admit, some people can pull it off in the highlight form, but not now nor ever will a 50 year old with purple hair be taken seriously.

On a side note,  if you are male over the age of 30, hell, let's back pedal, if you are a male over the age of 19, Affliction shirts are NEVER okay. You are a grown-ass man, your shirt should not be bejeweled. I wanted to go up to every middle-aged man in those ridiculous shirts and say, "How's that midlife crisis treating ya?" I refrained, reminding myself that as a lady, this sort of question was frowned upon.

Misperception of Oneself

I'm all about any and every person having self-confidence-Owning your looks and your body. I also am a firm believer of those living in glass houses not throwing stones and am fully aware that my house is ALL GLASS...... That being said, I love a person with a completely delusional sense of self, so imagine my utter delight when I hit the clown-show jackpot when woman in a " Hot Girls Have More Fun" shirt sashayed past me in the Exhibition building. Not only had this woman apparently never even so much as glanced in a mirror but obviously was having waaaaay to much fun to purchase herself a toothbrush.


Hybrid Psuedo-Celebrity Look-a-likes

I had the pleasure of meeting the perfect combination of Elvira and Tammy Faye Baker. She worked at the janky bracelet shop that guranteed the cure-all for whatever ails ya. Elvira + Tammy Faye Baker+ Russian accent = Perfect Combination. Throw in her rambling about the  importance of the universe being completely aligned and it was then decided that she was my new write-in candidate for the upcoming election.

Coming in at a close fifth place:

My Family's Perception of Diversity

For those of you who know my dad, know that the closest experience he has had with any type of alternative lifestyle is wearing shorts (serious). He is the greatest man that has ever walked this earth but he has about as much tolerance for differences that I do for stupid people. Anyways, I was so excited to point out to him the very stylish lad in the western shop who has wearing flip-flops, a cowboy hat, and had one of the prettiest bedazzled purses that I had ever seen. Unfortately, this fellow will always be the 'one that got away' because he pranced away before I got a chance to point him out  to Mr. Whitesel and witness his facial expressions but the reaction I got when I told him all about it will definately do for me.

Moral of the Story:

All joking aside, every person that I spoke about above, had the balls to do, say, or wear whatever they wanted. They obviously didn't care what anyone else thought of them.They all also had two things in common, every single one of them was happy and every single one of them loved who they were. I have to admit, as I am poking fun of them, I am also jealous of them. Now is the time to start loving myself, warts and all.....


No comments:

Post a Comment