Thursday, August 23, 2012

One Week-A day late.

Yesterday was my weigh-in day. Down four pounds this week. A total of eight since this whole ordeal began. In the grand scheme of things, four is not much, virtually nothing. For me they are hard won. Medals of honor, if you will. Four pounds closer to a goal that I only allow myself to think about in the comfort of my mind, far too large yet to even speak aloud. Although the scale may not be showing me the results that I want but I feel good. It has been forever since I have had this much energy. If I feel this good in one week, I am excited to see what the future holds.

 Ginika and I have been getting up at 5 am ( THAT IS BEFORE THE SUN COMES OUT.......I wasn't aware of this prior). We are doing that Monday through Thursday. We take Friday mornings off because the sleep deprivation begins to make us delirious by Thursday afternoon.  Getting exercise in first thing in the morning guarantees that I actually do it. Sometimes when I get home for the day I don't feel like doing anything.  Plus, being up this early allowed me to scope out the Amish (not even joking) hotties that were building a shop for the neighbors. I was fairly certain they would have thought I was the funnest thing since electricity but decided not to risk having them fall in love with me because my hair would look way stupid in that bonnet and I have never been able to pull off pastels. I also had an elaborate plan to microwave some hot pockets to take to them-show them how domesticated I could be...but again that bonnet haunted my dreams.

The truth is, I don't know why I waited this long to do all of this. I think that losing weight and being healthy is a lot like falling in love. It all boils down to timing. If the time is not right, it is not meant to be. It won't work out. It will not be successful. So similar to a relationship. Along with timing, it is about commitment. It is about work, hard work. It doesn't just happen. It is about consciously making good decisions. There is an easy way and a hard way........The choice is up to me.

On Monday, Jenny and I are starting Nurtisystem. Possibly the only diet that I have never tried. We got our first shipment of meals today, but I cannot start until Monday because let's face it, Who starts a new food program on a Friday? It will just throw off the whole feng shui. It also may take until Monday for me to process that I will be eating freeze-dried meals. Basically, I am an astronaut without the sweet gear.... I haven't read through all the information that came with it, but it sounds like it teaches lots of ways of incorporating healhty carbs, veggies, and fruit into the meals.


My new favorite:

Thank the good Lord for salsa season. Last Sunday, Mama Whitesel, Jenny, and I made about three gallons of fresh salsa. THE.BEST.SNACK.EVER. You can have a pretty good size portion for not a lot of calories. The fact that it is delicious doesn't hurt either.



No comments:

Post a Comment