Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's been awhile.......

Losing weight.

A simple enough statement. How hard could it possibly be? I began this journey roughly 5 months ago. I figured that once I got down the "basics" of living a healthy lifestyle that the rest would be a breeze........Riiiiiiight, about that........

Five months later, I continue to struggle. I struggle with what I should eat compared to what I want to eat. I struggle with excercising daily. I struggle with my emotions. I struggle with who I am. I am learning that I have to give myself some room to breathe. If I want to have a king size Reese for supper and nothing else, it's okay, as long as I don't make that a staple in my diet. It's okay if I don't excercise every day as long as I don't allow myself to become sedentary again. It's okay, Laura, it's okay.

The stuggle with myself is another story. I have been in this huge funk lately. I feel like I have my life all lined up- I have a house, a good job, a Master's Degree, an awesome family, the greatest friends, and yet I feel like I am just sitting back waiting for it all to start. It's hard to put in to words, but it's like I'm watching from the audience. Here's hoping that one of these days everything just clicks.

Yesterday, I weighed in. I have finally lost all of my holiday weight. Nothing pisses you off more than having to lose the same ten pounds that you just finished losing

 The grand total is 40 pounds.

Forty pounds, such a romantic notion in theory, however, any female that has ever lost weight knows that the areas that we want to shrink never do and the areas that we wish would stay the same are the first to go. That being said, at this rate, I should be rocking a 32AA in no time flat. The hard-core, militant feminist in me says, "THAT'S JUST FINE!" the hypocrite in me screams, "IMPLANTS!"

The battle will be long and in the end it's only with myself.

A year from now I hope to start a post similair to this opening; only it will read:

Lost Weight.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment