Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bitter, Party Of One.....

He was an adventure. A breath of fresh air in the monotonous routine that my life had become. He made me laugh. He made me think. He made me realize that the world had so much more to offer than the little corner of it that I occupied.

He was also a lesson.

Unfortunately, some lessons in life are more pleasant than others.

Sometimes people aren't who they say they are.Sometimes people hurt others and have virtually no remorse for it. I made the choice to cut all ties, he handed me the scissors. Even now, I have to remind myself of this.

It doesn't make it any easier.

I miss the good times. I try to forget about the bad. The bad times do not define me, they, however, speak volumes about him.

It may not have turned out the way I hoped but I am sure one day (Not today) I will look back and think of him and smile and maybe even thank him for letting me be a part of his crazy world for just a little while but again, not today.

This too shall pass. I was fine before I met him. I will be fine again. Forever changed but fine, none-the-less.

Just because you love someone does not mean they are meant to remain in your life and perhaps, that is the cruelest of all truths.




No comments:

Post a Comment