Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Will I Ever Like Running?????

 You know those people who describe themselves as "runners"? The ones that have it on a list of things that they actually enjoy? I WILL NEVER, EVER BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!! EVER!! I know it's good for me. I know I feel better after I do it. I know that it is necessary for a healthy lifestyle....but I straight-up do not like running. I am beginning to think that people who run over five miles in one setting are obviously "running" from something far bigger than my scope-of-practice, as a social worker.....If you are one of these people, you should definitely consider contacting Dr. Phil to help you figure that all out.............Kidding! I will probably never whole-heartedly love it, but all due respect to those who do. In all honesty, working out is getting easier. I am so blessed to have such an excellent support team that encourages me to go work out. They are with me every step of the way. They hold me accountable; which, let's face it, is something that I need.

Nichole and I are looking into doing some 5k's in the early spring in preparation for The Warrior Dash. I mean, I need to know if I can live through an ordinary 5k. If I can survive that, the probability of living through The Warrior Dash increases greatly. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I have serious concerns about my survival during that race. Did you know that there have been actual fatalities during these races? I'm pretty sure that information is never used in a marketing campaign.We are thinking about the Color Me Rad run in May. It just warms my heart to know that both of these runs are near Omaha and Lincoln where physicians are at the forefront of the most innovative care. :)

I have been continuing to do research on the best eating plan for my lifestyle change. I think the best approach is low-carb, clean-eating. Tonight, I cooked chicken thighs with a little olive oil, lemon juice, and Italian Seasoning mix and with it some sauteed onions and green peppers. I have to add that as I was finishing supper up, I wasn't sure or not if it was cooked fully. I asked my sister if we had a food thermometer. As I am asking I am thinking to myself, "why would we have a food thermometer, we probably don't even own an actual thermometer?" Much to my surprise, she informed me that we only had a regular thermometer and I feel it necessary mention that Jennifer did not find it funny that I wanted to use it to temp a couple of chicken thighs. Everyone is a critic.

I also have to report that I am still only down 34 pounds. The reason that hasn't changed is that over the Thanksgiving holiday I kinda went all crazy. I clearly have problems with moderation....I can't even do moderation, in moderation. Boundaries, people, I need boundaries. Obviously, I forgot that Bud Light is not a food group and that Texas T-Bone, Prime Rib, and Mcdonald's probably are not okay all on the same weekend. Sadly, It's taken me a few weeks to take off the extra pounds. It's frusturating because I worked so hard to lose them and in a matter of days they were right back. I have to keep reminding myself that it is okay to not eat well all of the time. The important part is to get back on track because I don't want what I have worked so hard for to slip right through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment